Thursday, March 17, 2011

Life & Death

Consider this: I am a spirit, I have a soul, I (currently) reside in a body. This body is not my home. This body is my current residence. This body is not who I am.

Everything we know is temporary. All things in this life have a beginning and an end. All things, but God. He has no beginning and no end. He created time. Before God created time, time did not exist. Try and wrap your mind around that one! When we come to the place where we realize that what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal, and real, only then we can learn how to truly live.

What is life? What is death? How is it possible that you can have a heartbeat and be dead? How is it that your heart can stop beating and yet you still live? Answer: We are born dead.

This is all Adam's fault! God told Adam, "...in the DAY you eat of it, you will surely DIE." So Adam ate of the forbidden fruit and in that day, he died. Adam died, yet his heart continued to beat.

As we read through scripture, we learn that when God speaks of life, He's not talking about whether or not you're breathing. When He speaks of death, He's not referring to your body's vital signs. This is NOT life and death. Death is separation from the source of all life - God. So then, what is life? Life is being connected with, and being one with, the source of all life. To know God is to live. Notice I didn't say, to know "about" God, but to KNOW God. Many people know "about" God and have no life. Life is not found in religion. Life is not found in you simply saying a prayer, or going to church, or having good theology. God doesn't have a 12-step program. He has a 1-step program: Death to Life! Life is found IN Him alone. Jesus didn't say 'I will "show" you the way, the truth and the life.' He said, "I AM the way. I AM the truth. I AM the life." Know Him and you will know life. Possess Him and you will possess LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment