Thursday, August 13, 2009

Unsatisfied

Are you satisfied? Are you content? Or do you want more of Him? Contentment can be a good thing, or it can kill you. Mediocrity is not death, but it's very close. Ask the frog who is in the "warm" water. It's not hot; it's just a 'little warm.'

The only time the Bible speaks of contentment is in relation is money. When it comes to His presence, I have as Tommy Tenny says, a "Divine Discontentment."

I will not be satisfied until I see His face. I cannot settle for anything less than His absolute best. I don't know what that is, or what it looks like, but I know I want it! I know I must pursue it! I must stop at nothing to get it! I want His best! I want all that He has for me, not just some or part. I want Him.

How often do we as Christians settle in life? We settle for less than His best. We've been taught to just simply learn to accept and "live with" whatever we are given. What a lie! We say, "Well, it must be God's will…." Or as the old saying goes, "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade." Well I say, "If life gives you lemons, send 'em back and ask for something else!" We serve a Great Big God! He either is or is not "able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all we can ask or even imagine!" Either we believe this, or we do not! If you believe it, then start asking! Start imagining what God can do! He will do even greater!


We can either let our surroundings and circumstances affect us, or we can affect our circumstances and surroundings! We can either be victims or victors! Jesus was NEVER a victim of His surroundings. Even the wind and waves obeyed Him!

Just to set the record straight, God does not "send people to hell." People choose hell by rejecting the free gift of salvation. In fact hell was not even created for people. It was created for the devil and his demonic hosts. God desires that none should perish!

It is not God's will for you to be sick or in pain and suffering, anymore than it would be God's will for you to go to hell. It is not! Otherwise, Jesus died in vain. The cross did not ONLY purchase our salvation. It also purchased our healing and freedom! It is His will for us to be saved, healed and delivered! God's will was expressed in and thru Jesus Christ. Jesus was the representation of God in the flesh. Jesus only did what the Father did. Jesus said to the leper, "I am willing. Be clean." He is willing. Every time the people came to Jesus to be healed, He healed them! He healed them all. He never turned anyone away then, and He will never turn anyone away now.

Hunger is very powerful. How long could you survive without food? How long before you get hungry? A day? A week? An hour? If enough time passes, you will eventually get hungry. You will start to search for something to satisfy that hunger. People are willing to do anything including murder to satisfy their "appetite." How long can I survive without Him? How hungry am I for Him? Am I satisfied? How long before I get hungry for more of Him? A day? A week? An hour? What am I willing to do to satisfy this appetite? What am I willing to sacrifice?

Hunger moves and motivates us to do crazy things. How hungry are you? Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for THEY WILL BE FILLED!

Love is also a very powerful thing. What crazy things were you willing to do when you were young and in love? What are we willing to do for the One who loved us to death? Deut 4:29 says, "if you seek the Lord your God, you will find Him IF you look for Him with all your heart and with all your soul." From beginning to end the Bible tell us we are to Love God more than anything! Love God with all your being, with every part of you, with everything!

What does it look like to be completely sold out for Jesus? Set yourself on fire and let the world come watch you burn! How do you contain a blazing fire? You don't! It takes an army to contain it! If the flame has fuel it will burn and it will spread. How do you contain a church that is on fire for God? You can't! Do not put out the Spirit's fire. How easy is it to start a forest fire? Once the blaze begins to burn and spread, how DIFFICULT is it to put out that fire? Let's start some fires! Let's burn for Him!

God I know You love me just the way I am. I know You love me too much to leave me this way! I know I can't earn or deserve Your love. Nothing I can do will make You love me more than You already do. Nothing I can do will make You love me less. You demonstrated Your love for me by dying on the cross for me before I even knew You. While I was a sinner, and an enemy of God, You died for me. How great is Your love for me now that I am Your child! I want to please You. I want to know You more.

Teach me when to rest and "be still and know that You are God", and when to pursue You. Teach me to follow hard after You. I cry out as David did; "My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?"

Rekindle the fire of love for You! God let me never be satisfied! I want more of You!

No comments:

Post a Comment