Wednesday, August 5, 2009

When HE Comes

How much time and energy do we spend trying to get people to show up for church, when what we should be doing is trying to get God to show up for church!?!? When people hear that God is there, the people will come! Don't get me wrong, it's great to invite people to church, but we want them to meet Someone when they get there! We want them to have an encounter with the Living God!

Bono, of all people says, "Religion is what you are left with when the Spirit leaves the building." The way I see it, if God is not there, it's just a bunch of people getting together. Again, nothing wrong with that but... As the song says, "There must be more than this..." (Consuming Fire)

In fact, anything that can be done inside or outside of church that is not completely dependant on the power of God or His Holy Spirit leaves me wanting and unsatisfied. I want to be set apart from the average, the ordinary. We don't serve an average, ordinary, natural God. He is an Extra-ordinary, Super-natural, Awesome God!

When the King shows up, His entire Kingdom (Heaven) accompanies Him. What does that truly look like? Can you imagine... The King and His Kingdom here on earth? What does it look like when Heaven comes down?

In His Kingdom there is no sickness or disease. In His Kingdom there is no poverty or lack. In His Kingdom everything bows before Him. God let Your Kingdom come. Let Your will be done on earth, as it is in Heaven!

Seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness. What does this mean? What does it mean to "seek His Kingdom?" Before anything else (first), we are to seek His Kingdom and His righteousness.

John the Baptist and Jesus both preached saying "Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand." Repent simply means to "think in a new way" or "change the way you think." At hand, means - it is very near. In Mat 10:7 Jesus told us we are to preach the same. Then in the next verse (verse 8) He said, "Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give." Maybe this is what it looks like! Jesus said, "If I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the Kingdom of God has COME UPON you." (Mat 12:28) You see, when His Kingdom is at hand (or near) THIS is what should be happening! It shouldn't be something we have to strive for or work at. It should be as natural as breathing. We shouldn't have to chase miracles, they should follow us!

The Bible says these signs will follow them that believe... "In my Name they will cast out demons, they will speak in new tongues..." Do you believe?

God what is following me? Is it signs and wonders or is it something else? I must decrease that You may increase in me. Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to You! Let my thoughts and my mind dwell continually on You, that Your Spirit may dwell continually in and upon me. I want to see the miraculous! I want to experience You and Your Kingdom while I still live. I know Heaven isn't just something I get to experience when I die. It is for me here, now, today! Let Your Kingdom come! Let Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment